Instructions for Speakers
How to submit a presentation at the Congress
Please come to the Empiria meeting room at least 1.5 hours before the beginning of your session. In case your speech has been scheduled for morning session come to the meeting room the day before your presentation.
In order to avoid any problems with your presentation, please make sure whether it meets the necessary needs and read carefully the instructions below.
How to prepare a presentation
- Use the Microsoft PowerPoint 2003 or higher (*.ppt) or (*.pptx) to guarantee they will work properly on an on-site PC.
- Prepare presentation in 16:9 format. We recommend you to save your PowerPoint presentation using PPT or PPTX format instead of PPS.
- If you have pictures in the presentation, please insert them in the presentation file, do not use links
- Please keep on mind that organizer cannot guarantee the quality of Macintosh-based presentations; so check in advance (3 hours before your session starts) their Windows compatibility.
- Note that the presentation system used during the congress also supports the PDF presentations.
Only fonts included in the basic installation of MS-Windows are available (English version of Windows). Use of other fonts not included in Windows can cause the wrong layout/style of the presentation. Suggested fonts are: Arial, Times New Roman, Tahoma, and Calibri. If you insist on using different fonts, these must be embedded into the presentation by choosing the right option when saving the presentation, see details below:
• Click on “File”, then “Save As”
• Check the “Tools” menu and select “Embed True Type Fonts”
How to save a presentation
- Save your presentation in one of the following disc or medium:
• USB flash drive
• External hard or solid state drive
- Save all files associated with the presentation (PowerPoint file, movie/video files, etc.) to one folder/location. In case you are presenting more than one presentation during the congress, save different presentations to different folders and name them clearly to avoid on-site misunderstandings and problems. Always make a backup copy of your presentation and save it on a different portable disc or medium than the original presentation. DVD-RAM and Blu-ray Disc will not be available.
All speakers are requested to keep the time of their presentation.
Standard equipment of the meeting room
See below the list of standard equipment of the room.
• Data video projector
• Sound system
• Remote control with laser pointer